AmeriCorps Crews are small teams of passionate young people just like you!
AmeriCorps Crew Members (A*C CMs) are between the ages of 17 and 26 years old. Please note, to join your crew, you must be at least 17 years old to be a Day Crew A*C Crew Member and at least 18 years old to be Camping Crew A*C Crew Member at the start of the service term (when the crew season begins).
AmeriCorps Position Stipend and Benefits!
The heart of an AmeriCorps experience is about serving your community. You are paid a weekly stipend throughout the experience and receive a Segal Education Award at the end of the season.
In addition, you enjoy a number of benefits and perks:
- Student loan forbearance
- Student loan interest payment for service time – individuals who successfully complete a term of service in an AmeriCorps program are eligible to have the Trust pay up to 100% of the interest that accrued on their qualified student loan during their service.
- Assistance in applying for affordable insurance through Vermont Health Connect.
- A Segal Education Award to help pay for college, grad school, vocational training or to repay student loans
- Professional development opportunities that will strengthen your interpersonal, team, and leadership skills.
- Hands on learning on the Farm in agriculture, food systems, cooking and nutrition and in Conservation a range of trades work including carpentry, masonry, forestry, and more.
- Participation and experience in Vermont’s thriving sustainable agriculture community and outdoor industry.
- Service to many Vermont communities, directly impacting food insecurity, climate change, and accessibility to the outdoors.
- Robust training, mentorship and professional development opportunities
- You will get a cohort work and living experience of like-minded individuals that will stay with you for life.
- After your service, the chance to leverage VYCC’s Alumni Services, through career networking, career assistance, coaching, and more.
Fall AmeriCorps Crews will run late August/early September to late October.