Being part of VYCC is worth a lot.
Let’s change the world together this season and beyond! If you’re a current member, thank you! We are so happy to have you on board this season working hard, building community and learning a ton! If you’re an alumni, welcome to the alumni family. We will be rolling out lots of new opportunities for engagement, connection, and benefits this year, so stay tuned!
If you have served on a crew with Vermont Youth Conservation Corps, there are benefits and services available to you. After all, you worked very hard to make the world a better place. We know that as a result of that hard work, our alumni continue to make a difference in the lives of their communities, families, workplaces, and local ecosystems.
Getting ready to join us this year?
Take a look at some of our benefits listed below, things you can look forward to as an alumni after your season, and if you are looking for that handy-dandy page with all your hiring paperwork…head on over to Your Season!
Professional development doesn’t end with your service, so we work with a variety of partners to help you make the most of your time after VYCC!
Benefits of completing your service include:
A Sterling College Scholarship
Sterling College, in Craftsbury, VT, offers a scholarship of $1,000 to qualified Corps Members!
VYCC helps alumni secure good jobs. Many Vermont employers know that to complete a VYCC experience takes strength, grit, good communication, leadership, teamwork, and more. VYCC alumni already in the workforce often hire other alumni! VYCC skills are ones many employers seek.
Did you serve with Americorps? Register for free with the Americorps Alums program and get access to even more alumni benefits, learn about the Career Development Program, and connect with your local Americorps Alums chapter!
VYCC alumni belong to a professional network of over 6,500 fellow alumni.
- Our job resources board provides a list of Vermont and regional employers who often hire VYCC alumni. Job sectors in the outdoor recreation, conservation, and agriculture industries are represented.
- Our Facebook group helps you keep in touch, network with a wide range of alumni on a number of topics, and reconnect with all of your friends from your crew!
- And, our quarterly Alumni newsletter helps you stay up-to-date with everything going on at VYCC.
Share Your Story
We know that your story doesn’t end with us! Take this 5 minute survey and let us know where you are, how you’ve been, and what adventures you’ve had since finishing your service!
Diversity Resources In The Outdoors
There are a number of outdoor organizations with missions to diversify the leadership of conservation agencies and efforts across the U.S. Check out these great non-profits for job postings, resources, and more:
- Outdoor Afro – Where Black People & Nature Meet
- Latino Outdoors – A network of leaders committed to engaging Latinos/as in the outdoors, connecting familias and youth with nature, and supporting our community of storytellers to explore and share their personal experiences.
- Out There Adventures – An adventure education organization committed to fostering positive identity development, individual empowerment and improved quality of life for queer young people through professionally facilitated experiential education activities.
- Pride Outside – Connecting the LGBTQ community to the outdoors.
Support Your Corps + Get In Touch
There are many ways to support your Corps:
- Donate now and help us develop young people to change the world like you!
- Become a project sponsor for one of our crews! Email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Volunteer on our Farm on the VYCC campus in Richmond.
- Hire a VYCC alumnus at your organization or business.
- Join our Board of Directors or advise our work. Email us for more info on how: email@example.com.
Any of these ideas work for you? Be in touch! Send us an email and we’ll connect you to the right person.