Being a VYCC alumni is worth a lot.If you have served on a crew with Vermont Youth Conservation Corps, there are benefits and services available to you. After all, you worked very hard to make the world a better place. We know that as a result of that hard work, our alumni continue to make a difference in the lives of their communities, families, workplaces, and local ecosystems.
Professional development doesn’t end with your service, so we work with a variety of partners to help you make the most of your time after VYCC! Benefits of completing your service include:
We partner with local universities to help make your education more affordable!
- Green Mountain College offers VYCC alumni 15% off of online degree programs or a $20,000 discount for full-time residential students.
- Prefer to stay in the northwest? Sterling College can provide a $1,000 discount to our corps members! Please contact the institutions for specific qualification details.
VYCC helps alumni secure good jobs. Many Vermont employers know that to complete a VYCC experience takes strength, grit, good communication, leadership, teamwork, and more. These are the skills and traits many employers seek. We contact alumni who qualify for a recommendation each fall, and help them get interviews with participating businesses.
Did you serve with Americorps? Register for free with the Americorps Alums program and get access to even more alumni benefits, learn about the Career Development Program, and connect with your local Americorps Alums chapter!
VYCC alumni belong to a professional network of over 6,000 fellow alumni. Our job board provides relevant job postings and service opportunities in the outdoor recreation, conservation, and agriculture industries. Our Facebook group helps you keep in touch and reconnect with all of your friends from your crew! And, our newsletter helps you stay up-to-date with everything going on at VYCC.
Share Your Story
Diversity In the Outdoors
There are a number of outdoor organizations with missions to diversify the leadership of conservation agencies and efforts across the U.S. Check out these great non-profits for job postings, resources, and more:
- Outdoor Afro – Where Black People & Nature Meet
- Latino Outdoors – A network of leaders committed to engaging Latinos/as in the outdoors, connecting familias and youth with nature, and supporting our community of storytellers to explore and share their personal experiences.
- Out There Adventures – An adventure education organization committed to fostering positive identity development, individual empowerment and improved quality of life for queer young people through professionally facilitated experiential education activities.
- Pride Outside – Connecting the LGBTQ community to the outdoors.
We know that your story doesn’t end with us! Take this 10 minute survey and let us know where you are, how you’ve been, and what adventures you’ve had since finishing your service!
Support Your Corps
Donate now and help us develop the next generation of conservationists!
Annual Alumni Profiles
Check out our past Alumni Profiles to get a glimpse of your colleagues from Corps to Career! Email us to share your story and feature in a future series!