Your volunteer day at the Farm at VYCC is coming up!
We’re so glad that you signed up to volunteer with us.
Read on to learn more about what we do and the shifts we are making to ensure the health and safety of our volunteers during this time.
What you need to know before your shift:
The Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) is a non-profit organization that provides learning and work experiences for young adults through farm and conservation projects. Although the team at the Farm at VYCC will look a little different this year, we are continuing to grow food for our Health Care Share (HCS). This is where we need your help! We currently have a small team keeping the farm running and we are in need of extra hands to keep our plans on track. We are monitoring guidelines issued by the Vermont Health Department and the CDC and updating our protocols regularly, so you can have a safe and enjoyable visit to the farm. See details below.
1. COVID-19 Protocols:
Please arrive on time! Our goal is to get out in the fields and enjoy the work we signed up to do. In order to do so, we will spend the first few minutes making sure all volunteers are familiar with our current safety protocols.
If you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, please do not come to the farm. We are happy to welcome you another time!
Below are our COVID safety protocols:
- Upon arrival, please go to our outside handwashing station, put on a mask, wash your hands, and complete a health screening via the QR code at the washing station.
- When in indoor and covered spaces (such as the washing station and farm barn), please wear your mask at all times. For those who are un-vaccinated, please wear a mask at all times, in fully outdoor spaces as well.
- We ask that all volunteers and staff maintain a distance of 6-ft apart.
- We are not able to extend access to the farmhouse or other VYCC buildings at this time. Porta-potties and outside handwashing stations are available.
- Please know that we appreciate you – for both your help on the farm and in keeping the VYCC community healthy!
If you have any questions or concerns about volunteering and our COVID-19 precautions, please reach out to VYCC’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
2. Please come to your shift with the following:
- Your own face mask
- Water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Work shoes or boots
- Clothing layers for all weather conditions
3. Please fill out a waiver
Before arriving at the farm you must fill out a volunteer information form and waiver. If you already filled one out this year, skip this step.
4. Where do we meet? 5. What will we do?
Activities can include, but are not limited to, planting, harvesting, and weeding in our fields. All tasks will be outside, so please come prepared to work in any kind of hot, rainy, or very cold weather.
5. What will we do?
Please let us know if you have any questions about the volunteer waiver, directions, or our programs. We look forward to seeing you out at the Farm at VYCC!
The Food and Farm staff at VYCC