Meet Our Crews In Your Community!
July 31, 2018 |
One of the best parts of our Community Crews is that they are right in your local parks, trails, and sometimes even right downtown in your town/city! These Crews employ local youth (ages 15-18) to work on public works and infrastructure projects to improve public spaces, erosion mitigation, and trail integrity. Consider yourself invited to go “meet a crew” at one of these upcoming community events this summer. The Crew will be easy to spot in their sharp VYCC green uniforms! They are eager to tell you all about what they are doing and learning. For crew lunches or dinners, it would be lovely to have RSVPs so we know to expect you! Please email Dan Bailey.
VYCC Meet the Crew Community July Events
- Wednesday, July 4 / Westford, VT :: Williston/Woodstock Community Crew at the Westford Independence Day Parade and festivities. From 9:30-12:30 p.m. come meet the crew at our table on the Town Common.
- Thursday, July 5 / Montpelier, VT :: Washington County Community Crew at the Montpelier Summer Concert Series. Come bring your lunch at noon and meet the crew at the Christ Church Courtyard (64 State Street).
- Friday, July 6 / South Burlington, VT :: Brown bag lunch in the field with the South Burlington Community Crew at noon at Wheeler Nature Park. Meet in the parking lot.
- Wednesday July 11
- Richmond Community Farm Crew Open House Dinner at VYCC’s West Monitor Barn. Time TBD! Please RSVP to Dan so we can prepare enough food!
- Dorset, VT brown bag lunch with Spike 2 at Owl’s Head Town Forest. Meet at noon at the trailhead.
- Burlington, VT brown bag lunch at noon with Burlington Community Crew at City Hall Park for the BCA Summer Park Free Concert Series.
- Thursday, July 12 / Milton, VT :: Williston/Woodstock Community Crew brown bag lunch at noon at the Lamoille River Walk Trail.
- Thursday, July 26 / Barre, VT :: Washington County Community Crew Lunch with the Crew in the field at the Barre Cow Pasture at noon.
VYCC Meet the Crew Community August Events
- Thursday, August 2 / Burlington, VT :: Burlington Community Crew gathering and sunset hike to Ethan Allen Tower in Ethan Allen Park. Meet in the parking lot at 7 p.m., enjoy some ice cream, hear about their work, and walk to see the sunset at the tower together!
- Friday, August 3 / Burlington, VT :: Burlington and South Burlington Community Crews and VYCC staff will be at the Lake Monsters game. It is VYCC night (we benefit from all ticket sales via this link) and these Crews will be there to meet the fans and cheer too! Game starts at 7:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 8 / Woodstock, VT :: Williston/Woodstock Community Crew presentation at Forest Center at Marsh-Billings-Rockerfeller National Historic Park at 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 9 / South Burlington, VT :: Brown bag lunch in the field with the South Burlington Community Crew at noon at Red Rocks Park. Meet in the parking lot.
- Thursday, August 9 / Montpeiler, VT :: Washington County Community Crew at the Montpelier Summer Concert Series at noon. Free!
- Tuesday, August 14 / Brattleboro, VT :: Brattleboro Community Crew brown bag lunch with the crew in the field at Wantastiquet Monadnock Trails, Ann Stokes Trail in Chesterfield, NH at noon.
- Tuesday, August 14 / Dorset, VT :: Spike 2 Dorset free community BBQ potluck and community presentation about their work this season. Old Gray Barn in Rupert, 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 15 / Richmond, VT :: Richmond Community Farm Crew Open House Dinner at VYCC’s West Monitor Barn. 5 p.m. for a farm tour (optional) and 6 p.m. for dinner! Please RSVP to Dan so we can prepare enough food!