“Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
Crew Leader Dates:
Training: May 20-June 15, 2019
Summer Crews: Mid-June to end of August
Long Term Crews: Mid-June to end of October
Farm Early Spring Crew: Starting in March. Dates TBD.
Conservation Spring Peer Crew:
Peer crew is a six week Peer Led crew prior to our Crew Leader training, its purpose to further develop your technical skills with the intention of assisting HQ staff during our Crew Leader training. Peer Crew begins with an orientation on April 4 (may change due to weather), and runs into Summer Training.
Dates: Early April to end of May (until Crew Leader Training) (may be adapted due to weather)
Crew Leader: Weekly salary of $500-$550; End of Season Completion Bonus – either $250 or $500, depending on crew type.
Assistant Crew Leader: $350 weekly stipend and AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion. Note: This position must be an AmeriCorps position.
- At least 20 years old.
- A desire to do your part and change the world with us.
- Previous experience leading young people and/or in outdoor work.
- Openness to learning, working hard outside, meeting new people, and receiving feedback.
- Willingness and commitment to following all immediate and general crew policies.
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license held for at least three years.
- Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR or equivalent (Wilderness First Aid required for all Crew Leaders–we offer this at Crew Leader training).
- Able to join take part in our Crew Leader training starting in late May and work for our summer, fall, or both seasons