As a team, we work hard, outdoors, on projects that matter to our communities. And we grow.
Let’s talk about that a bit….
· As a team – Circle up at the start of each day – what tools do we need, which farm field or section of trail are we working, who is cooking, who is planting, who has a great game to play? “Honestly, my biggest accomplishment was making some truly incredible friends. The people I worked with at VYCC are strong, funny, passionate folks, and I am so grateful to have them in my life.” – Bex
· We work hard – We sure do! We move large rocks to build trails, harvest thousands of potatoes in a morning, dig holes to plant trees along our rivers, pack boxes of food for hundreds of families, and clean our tools at the end of a long day. “I’ve come to appreciate hard work, dirty hands and sore muscles, as these stand as a testament to the things we create.” – Alyssa
· Outdoors — On our beautiful farm in Richmond, in state parks, on trails, and on the lake. All day. Will there be rain, bugs, hot days, cold mornings, and mud? Yes, there will! Will there be Vermont beauty, songbirds, sunrises, overlooks, and the energy of being outside all day every day? Oh yeah, that too! “I’m passionate about showing people how powerful, wholesome, beautiful, and healing the outdoors can be…. Oh, and I love being SILLY!” – Andy
· On meaningful projects – that matter to our communities! We build trails that increase access to the outdoors, create backcountry infrastructure that supports our state lands, grow fresh food for Vermonters in need, and improve the health of our forests and waterways. “the town’s excitement reminds us that our work is more than cutting wood or pounding posts; we are creating access to a unique habitat, and the community’s support fuels our own interests.” – Thomas
· And grow personally— When we dig in and work together on meaningful projects, we believe in ourselves and each other, feel a strong sense of belonging, build skills, and see possibility in all directions. “My proudest moment was seeing my saw crew grow as sawyers, and see them start taking on bigger and more complex trees with confidence.” – Sable
If you are ready to dig in, with a spirit of curiosity and courage, then this is the place for you. Believe in yourself; we certainly do!
Learning together, with difference, and kindness: We are strongest when VYCC represents all members of our community, we lean into and learn from our similarities and differences, and we celebrate one another with kindness. VYCC is committed to creating an inclusive experience for our Corps Members and reducing barriers so that all people can thrive at VYCC.