Headquarters Staff Positions
As a critical member of the Development team, the Development Coordinator executes essential fundraising efforts including donor relations, gift processing, online giving, grant writing, and direct mail appeals. S/he also contributes to many elements of VYCC’s marketing and external communications efforts, including designing print and online materials, assisting with the writing of newsletters and reports, and supporting growth of the organization’s online presence.
S/he is directly responsible for managing donor records, maintaining the website and social media, overseeing the Annual Report and direct mail production, and providing strategic and administrative support for grants and major gifts. Varied tasks include graphic design, managing and reporting data, writing, editing, and corresponding with donors.
VYCC’s multi-faceted fundraising includes long-term relationship development with donors, private foundation and government grants, corporate solicitations and grants, and events. Fundraising campaigns include the annual fund, sustained giving, planned giving, major gifts, and capital campaigns.
The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Development Director. The ideal candidate possesses proven graphic design and writing skills, is tech-savvy, and takes pride in his/her work. Passion for VYCC’s mission, desire to learn, attention to detail, and a high degree of personal organization are critical factors for success.
- Passion about the mission of VYCC
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn new systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under the pressure of deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with external customers
- Experience working with databases (The Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Experience with website maintenance
- Excellent writing skills
- Hourly, not exempt from overtime
- Health and Dental insurance
- Paid time off and sick leave
- On-going professional development
- Being part of a mission-driven, fun, results-oriented, and dedicated team of professionals
- Part of a dynamic organization with tremendous impact on Vermont’s youth and environment
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Naomi.Galimidi@vycc.org