Our crews are trained and ready to work.VYCC provides crews on a weekly or monthly basis to towns, agencies, or organizations in need of short-term crew services. Crews work on public lands and waterways (including private lands with public easements). Preferred projects have long-term impact, provide educational opportunities, and are a good fit with the skills and abilities of the crew. The partnering agency provides funding to support a portion of the crew costs for the project, and VYCC will match a portion of those expenses. Let us help you sponsor a VYCC crew!
VYCC has demonstrated for more than 30 years that young people are highly capable of completing challenging conservation projects. Our mission of personal responsibility is fulfilled by providing a supportive team environment with highly qualified leaders, and at the same time giving Corps Members real responsibilities and holding them accountable to a high standard of work and professional behavior.
- Crew(s) of 5-10 people, fully trained and supported by a professional staff
- Administrative and logistical oversight of the crew: hiring, supervision, payroll, training, risk management, workers’ compensation, liability insurance, transportation
- Basic tools, personal protective equipment, and first aid supplies
- Rigorous education for Corps Members (daily reading, writing, and discussion program)
- Additional project planning consultation services are available at an hourly rate of $50.
- Specialized tools, materials, and project supplies as necessary
- Technical support as necessary
- Supervision of work projects (typically one visit per week)
- Funding match dependent on project type